Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Twice in one day, my God

So more good news: my laptop battery came at the same time as the package. This means that I’ve been able to use my computer without any fear of the ever-frequent power outages. Of course, since I got the battery we’ve had power pretty consistently anyways.

Did end up getting a burger, and also a Pelforth. Pelforth is the best beer I’ve had thusfar in Senegal, and it’s like a Belgian white but fruitier. It’s also the heaviest beer I’ve found.

So learning Wolof has been fun and exciting. It’s interesting to play around with a language so structurally different from English. The way that we use English to create emphasis and subtlety is completely different in Wolof. Going around and talking to people works well, and I’m more than able to communicate basic needs, but I’m really looking forward to better comprehension.

In the off chance that Casey’s internet goes out because of a power outage, I’m going to post this now, but hopefully I’ll get a chance to write more when I get access to the internet this weekend.

Oh, and I do believe the cable I need for my camera is USB to mini-USB (not micro-USB which is different).

“Double dumbass on you, and so forth”

Oh, and if you ever get a chance, ask someone from Glasgow how to say "burglar alarm."

3 comments:

  1. It was really nice to read a report from you, Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great o hear from you. We are all well. school has started, everyone is pretty happy about it or as happy as children can be with school. Your uncle likes the class he is teaching, though he is not so sure about the one he is taking. Chiara is the only girl on her soccer team.
    Love from us all.

    ReplyDelete