Friday, July 8, 2011

Power outages affect Blogging

So I had a very nicely written blog spot about my future site and the volunteer visit that I will be leaving for soon, but right when I was about to post it the power went out, my computer shut off, and I lost all of it. Because I don't have the patience to write it again when the power could go back out at any second, I'll give you the 10 peso version (Three Amigo's reference).

I'm going to the town of Karang here's a google map. It's right on the border with the Gambia, and it's supposed to be very nice.

For the next three days all of the trainees will be visiting our future sites. I will meet the volunteer who lives there now, and learn what his projects are. Those will likely be projects that I continue to work on.

I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back. We will be taking public transportation, so that should be fun.

"What is this, a center for ants?"

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great spot! Your link was in French. To others, I recommend the satellite version; very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled "Karang" to learn more about it. It turns out that there is a Karang near Bali and Google came up with a lot of images for it. It looks like paradise (especially if you do snorkeling etc.) I hope your Karang is equally nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting for your next blog entry!!! You must be very busy.

    We have had weeks without rain, and it has been really hot the last few days. Well It is raining hard now. Soooo glad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Noah, thanks for posting. your blog has been the only nice surprise I have had coming home. We just got back from our trip to California to chaos. Our apartment is being renovated and the work has been slow. The Trip to California was great.We will miss you when we go up to the lake next week. Take care.

    ReplyDelete